- National Health Security Office(NHSO) : Public Organization to respond to the public good management system
- Effective Organization
- Organization accountable to public
- Learning Organization
National Health Security Office(NHSO) : Public Organization to respond to the public good management system
“The National Health Security Office was established in 2002, set up as one of the 21st century public organizations to respond to the public good management system efficient and knowledge-based, is strongly determined to be part of developing the nation’s sustainability in orientation of public benefits as its ultimate goal. Our responsibility is to create health security for every Thai citizen, whereby. “Every person born as Thai should feel secure irrespective of being sick or not”.
he National Health Security Office towards desirable Health care system under universal coverage system is responsible for develop the service system which is easily accessible, the effective information system for communications, evidence-based system of health care delivery and enable the public freedom of choosing registration facility in accordance with their convenience and necessity.
- Implement the result-based management system.
- Develop strategic and operational plans in determination of indicators at all levels.
- Build up a modern system of internal auditing.
- Use modern information and communication technology to support operational work and public service.
Organization accountable to public
- Develop the work administration that is more able to respond to the public.
- Open-up for public participation, promote and support volunteers to work for the organization.
- Reveal information on the organization’s works and the information that is necessary for the public with transparency through the web site and other means at ease of public accessibility.
- Organize the administration system that is able to support complex and dynamic society.
- Develop the matrix feature of management system.
- Seek competent human resources and continuously develop them in line with vision, mission and objectives of the organization.
- Build a knowledge-base culture to support continuous learning environment and make the personnel voluntarily change their thinking paradigms.
- "Health" Stabilization
- "Health" Equity
- "Health" is a human right and dignity
“Health” is considered as an important component of the “quality of life”
“Health security” is a system of life security which gives a person confidence that they will be able to indulge in appropriate health behavior, and would be able to get complete access to health promotion and disease prevention services. They should also be able to access the health services without any obstacles when they are ill an in need of medical care.
Equity of health can take place only when those with different social, economical and cultural status have the equal opportunity to get access to health care, whereby their responsibility to pay for the expenses should depend on their ability to pay.
Equity of health can take place only when the health resources are distributed, by taking into consideration the equal access to health services of people living in different areas.
"Health" is a human right and dignity
The 2003 Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand has declared “health” as a basic “right” of the public which should be provided for the state.
The word “universal” indicates the basic philosophy under the national health security for which all the Thai people should have the right to obtain universal access. For whatever reason, nobody should be left out, oven on one’s own desire.
The services received should be based on equal respect of the status and right of the human dignity of all the Thai people.